Among the many ways we try to protect our homes and keep it safe, one way is to keep the garage safe. Yes, most of us often do not consider the safety of the garage and are casual about it. But contrary to this, a garage is one place or part of the house which needs a lot of maintenance, care and proper safety measures. If your garage door is not working properly, then that might prove as a threat to the safety of your vehicle. Thus it is really important for you to opt for professional services and get your door repaired as soon as you can.
The following are some of the ways through which a professional garage door repair service provider can keep your vehicles and home safe:
• The services providers have expertise of repairing door openers and torsion springs, which means that your garage will no longer be at a threat of easy unwanted entry. After getting the openers repaired, you can be rest assured that the door won’t open without your attempt to open it and hence will remain secure.
• Another way in which a professional service provider or garage door service provider can make your home or residential premises more secure is by installation of safety sensors. These safety sensors detect unwanted or forced entry and inform the owner of the garage about it.
• Garage door repair service providers also install and repair your remote controlled doors and this is another way your garage and the vehicles parked inside can remain safe and secure at all times. Having a remote controlled mechanism means that intruders won’t be able to open the door in any other way and only you, with the remote control will have access to it. So if you are worried about the safety of your garage or home, you must too contact a garage door service company now to avail these wonderful benefits.
• Professional companies have a lot of expertise at installing all necessary anti-burglar equipments and hence make your home and garage absolutely ‘theft proof’. Once you hire a service provider or an opener installer, you won’t ever have to worry about the security of your home, even when you are out of the home or city for a few days. The advanced equipments and technology make it possible for you to avoid any kind of outsider entry or intrusion.
So what are you waiting for? It is time you started paying as much attention to your garage and its door as you do to the other parts of the house.
Torsion Vs Extension Springs on Garage Doors
There's a feeling of utter joy that comes over anyone that pushes a garage door opener. Like magic, the steel mammoth glides open and greet us with a promise of security and storage. But what happens when the opener breaks down? Luckily, garage door openers are relatively easy to fix and low maintenance!
In this article we'll show you step by step, the ways in which to get it back up and running in no time. An opener consists of an electric motor which lifts the mechanism at the push of a button. These devices can be wired into the electrical circuit, or used in combination with a battery powered remote: most systems have both. When pushed, the button sends an infrared signal to the control unit that, in turn, tells the motor to get to work.
Many various types of problems can occur:
1. The opener fails to respond.
2. The door may raise but fails to close.
3. The motor may run, but not open the garage.
4. The motor may run without any command at all!
5. The system may not open or shut completely
6. The motor may reverse when closing.
Due to the fact that these devices are little more than electronic controls and a motor, the majority of the servicing you can do starts with battery replacement, motor tests, and the lubrication and alignment of the mechanisms.
Identifying and Fixing the Issue:
1. In the case of the system being non-responsive, make certain the cord is properly plugged into a secured and operational electrical receptacle. Wait roughly 15 minutes and try again.
2. If the unit operates by remote by fails to work when used with the hard wired button, look for loose connections or damaged wires. If this is found, you may need to call an electrician.
3. If the opener runs but does not open the door, look for wear of the chain drive sprocket or worm gear, and if needed have the parts professionally look at.
4. If the unit operates by itself, check to see if the button on the remote has become stuck. If this is not the case, you may be looking at a faulty circuit board which may need to be replaced.
Chances are you just may find yourself in over your head. In such case, it's always recommended that you consult a professional technician as a way to help you avoid a more costly repair down the road. Though, hopefully with the above tips in hand you'll be able to successfully diagnose and treat your automatic door issues. Best of luck!