Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Wakerley. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Wakerley
Nothing says barbeque quite like a rack of ribs covered in finger licking good barbeque sauce. If prepared correctly there is nothing better than bbq ribs. But for many people barbequing ribs can be difficult because they need to be slow cooked to bring out the flavor and taste. Slow cooking ribs on a grill is an art form that can be hard to duplicate if you don't have the patience or know how to do it right. But never fear there are ways to take the guess work out of how to cook barbeque ribs.
First off let's look at the different types of ribs you can barbeque.
o Pork Baby Back Ribs - Probably the most well known and easiest to cook. They are tender and can be cooked quickly on the grill.
o Pork Spare Ribs - These are bigger than baby back ribs and take quite a bit longer to cook.
o Beef Ribs - The largest of all ribs they take a considerable amount of time to cook, particularly if you want them to be tender as they are tougher than pork ribs. It is best to braise them before grilling
o Beef Short Ribs - Also need to be slow cooked to bring out the tenderness. Much like beef ribs.
The problem most people have when it comes to barbequing ribs is either overcooking them, which leads to dry and tough ribs, or not cooking them long enough which can be a potential health hazard. One would guess that that is why most of the time they get overcooked.
There are ways around this problem. You can pre-cook your ribs either by boiling, steaming or slow cooking them in the oven before you put them on the grill. Make sure you pre-season your ribs before using these methods as this will help bring out the flavor in your ribs. Many people boil or steam their ribs with beer which not only adds flavor but also tenderizes the meat making it fall off the bone. You can pre-cook your ribs from anywhere from 1 to 4 hours depending on which method you are using.
Once they have been pre-cooked just throw them on the grill for 5-10 minutes a side and brush on your favorite barbeque sauce. Before you know it you will have perfectly grilled ribs that are ready to eat.
What To Look For In Your New Garage Door
A garage door (commonly called an overhead door) is one of the best things you can have in your home. They are extremely convenient and they can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. Many people are unaware, however, that their garage door needs regular service, much like their automobile.
In this article, I will discuss one of my most common service calls, which is complaints of loud, grinding and scraping noises coming from their garage door. This is usually caused by old, worn out doors that have not received the proper maintenance over the years. The cause of these types of noises are varied, but here are the main reasons these sounds could be occurring:
- rust may have formed in the metal hinges of the garage door
- your overhead door bolts and nuts have worn out and need replaced
- extreme temperatures may have warped the door and affected the hinge functioning or placement
- the screw in your screw drive type door has not been sprayed (oiled)
- the garage door has not been properly maintained or serviced on a regular basis
In some cases, the use of a good silicone spray on springs, hinges and tracks can quiet a noisy overhead door. But this will largely depend on what type of door you have in your home. If this has not been done on a regular basis, serious damage may have been caused, requiring additional service. It's always important that if you are not sure exactly what type of garage door you have, you should immediately contact a professional so that the damage does not become worse and more costly to you. Never let grinding and screeching noise go on too long before you contact an overhead door professional in your area. The fact is, most garage door service needs can amount to minor repairs over placement, if attended to in time.
Before hiring a garage door service, there are a few things you should consider.
- make sure the door repair company is experienced in all types of overhead doors
- make sure the company you hire is experienced with the causes and repairs associated with grinding and screeching noises.
- Make sure the company you call is licensed to conduct business in your area. There are a lot of "fly by night" companies that do not have proper licenses. Always beware and insist on obtaining business license information.
- Be sure the garage door company can finish the repairs the same day service is started. I have heard horror stories of overhead door companies starting jobs and never returning to finish them.
- Be sure to check prices and understand the services fees up front. Most reputable companies will provide free estimates and free service calls with repair work.
Sliding Garage Doors, And Why You Might Want One