Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Rochedale. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Rochedale
So you go to your local Sears store and there is a whole wall of garage door openers. The sales associate is helpful and shows you ALL the items. But you just leave confused. I'll make it easy here and give you the simplest way to figure out which Craftsman garage door opener is best for you.
There are five basic steps to help you get the right door opener and installed in you location.
Step One, Measure the height of you door:
Step Two, Select the HP (horsepower):
Step Three, Select the type of garage door opener:
Step Four, Select the type of remotes you need:
Step Five, Professional Installation or Install it yourself:
Step One, Measure the height of you door:
Measure the height of the opening, not the door itself. Most garages door openings are around 7 feet high. If your opening is 8 feet, 9 feet or 10 feet you will have to buy an extension in addition to the garage door opener itself. If it is around 8 feet buy the 8 foot extension. If it is 9 or 10 feet buy the 10 foot extension.
Step Two, Select the HP:
There are two horsepower ratings for most garage door openers. 1/2 HP and 3/4 HP.
If you have an aluminum, aluminum insulated, or fiberglass door a 1/2 HP is plenty strong to open both a single car (7 to 9 feet wide) or a double car (16 feet wide) door.
If you have a wood door, a door with windows installed in it, a steel door or one of the new doors that look like they are off an old carriage house I recommend you go with the 3/4 HP door. (If a magnet sticks to your door it is steel.)
A new single car carriage style door can use a 1/2 HP opener. If you have an extra tall door (9 or 10 feet) or a door that is wider than 16 feet I also recommend you go with the 3/4 HP door. If you have a one-piece door (usually and old door made out of wood) I recommend a 3/4 HP door.
Step Three, Select the type:
There are three basic types of garage door openers. Chain drive, belt drive, and screw drive.
Chain drive garage door openers are what you are used to. They are reliable, noisy and usually last a long, long time. They come in many different sizes. For example, Sears has an economy version, homeowner versions and heavy duty versions. These chain drive garage door openers are usually the best value and can be easily sized for you garage door. You can buy extensions for the opener for 8 foot and 10 foot doors.
A Belt drive garage door opener is relatively new on the market. It uses a metal reinforced belt instead of a chain to make the drive much quieter than a chain drive. It's usually a little faster than a chain drive opener. If your garage is under the living space of your house and it sounds like a herd of elephants in your bedroom when someone uses the garage door the quiet belt drive may be the best choice for you. You can buy an 8 foot extension kit but not a 10 ft.
Screw drive units feature the fewest number of moving parts. They are powerful and quieter than chain drives. I believe Stanley was the first to introduce the screw drive garage door opener 15 years or so ago. Stanley is not making garage door openers anymore but Sears and Genie still have these available. I expect the screw drives to be replaced with "torsion spring" technology in a few years. You can buy an 8 foot extension for this type but not a 10 foot.
Step Four, Select the remotes: There are different types of remotes. Single button - one button, one door. Mini - small remote to hook right on your key chain. Three function - more buttons to control more doors and even the light in your home. Wireless keypads - attach this to the outside of your garage to open the door securely and safely. Finger Print Wireless Keypad - accepts only the fingerprints you have programmed into it. Great for families with children. Door Monitor - You can use this inside your home to check if the garage door is open or not.
Sears offers different "packages" with the garage door openers to give you the best value.
Step Five, Professional Installation or Install It Yourself
I put this choice as a separate step because there is a good amount of work to install a garage door opener. Yes, your father-in-law can probably do it, but do you really want to pay for a case of beer and at least two trips to the hardware store? If you have not installed one yourself before plan on 4 to 6 hours for a new installation and 2 to 4 hours to replace an existing opener. Sears offer professional installation at a very reasonable price (in my area $109 and the installers have put in hundreds of openers) so it is worth a discussion whether it is a good choice for you to install it yourself.
To find out more about garage door openers and reviews in one convenient place please go to ToolBoxHero.com.
Roller Garage Door - Convenient and Affordable
Garage doors are the essential part of the house which remains to be the place for the automobiles like cars, bikes and bicycles of the residents. This type of door is the factor to increase the aesthetic value of the house since they are placed in the front portion of the resident. The garage or overhead door should be decided based on the requirement and architecture of the house. There are victims who are been underwent with the burglar and other dangerous factors which arose via the improper doors, thus it is essential to frequently inspect and maintain the garage door which keeps the folks away from the unwanted threats.
The expert technique is not required to inspect these doors, this can be inspected with the naked eye as DIY and the pros are contacted at the complicated level. The flaws incurred in the door should be repaired promptly. Ignoring and delaying of the repair process pave way for the unfortunate cause. The overhead door maintenance should be given high priority than another part of the house, as they are contained with number of storage stuff.
The garage door inspection and maintenance fetch us with lots of beneficial factors and some are listed in the below paragraphs:
1. The prime thing needs to be concentrated is the safety and security. The garage is said to be completely safe, if the springs, doors, sensors are in good condition. Inspecting the house on the periodical basis knocks for the security alarm in our minds and immediate action will be undertaken to resolve it. With the advent of automation and digitalization, the opener is secured with many authenticated apps.
2. The complex problems lead to big investment and the time consumption will also doubles. The serious issue leads to removal and replacement which causes many expenses in the future. Few folks ignore the routine inspection due to busy schedule and some other commitments. Ignoring the small defects and waiting for the time to repair will increase the complexity of the damaged structure and thus leads to big process in the near future. Thus periodical inspection and maintenance will save you from spending large amounts.
3. In certain cases, the houses are the prestigious factor of the person, and folks are more judgmental considering this as main parameter. Thus to increase the status in the society, it is very mandate to keep the house and the circumstance appealing. Since garage door is in the core portion of the house, the maintenance should be given top priority, else they ruin the beauty of the house.
4. Improperly maintained garage or overhead doors may expose to several problems on the continuous usage. The springs may become rust or lose their shape, the doors may worn out. In certain cases, they cause interruption in the functioning. The struck up in closing and opening of the doors leads to more irritation and the folks need to spend the valuable time to rectify it.
5. The rusted and worn out doors are serious threat to the human body and health. Improper door maintenance and inspection leads to rusting and accumulation of dusts. When small children get exposed to such places, they soon catch up with the disease or they may get harmed by the projected rust parts. Regular maintenance keeps the residents away from causing this kind of situation.
These are the major reasons which lead most of the wise folks to opt for the periodical inspection and maintenance of the garage door despite the busy routine life.
Outdoor Grilling Tips - Grilling Features