Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Pinkenba. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Pinkenba
My garage door will not open. What could be the problem?
1. Checking the springs on your garage door is the first thing you must do. On a sectional door, the springs are located on the header, above the door. Look for the long torsion tube that spans the width of the door, the springs should be right in the middle. Some doors can have up to 4 springs per door. To know your spring is broken, you will need to look for a crack in the coil or if the spring is sagging, you will know it needs to be replaced.
On a one piece door, the springs are easily visible on the side of the garage door. Make sure they are attached properly to the hinges and not hanging loose.
NEVER OPERATE A GARAGE DOOR WITH A BROKEN SPRING! If you have found that your spring is broken, call a local garage door technician to service it for you. Please note that when you replace a spring, you should replace all of the springs for that door.
2. The next thing you want to do is to check to see if your slide lock engaged or trolley lock (the red cord that hangs down from the motor rail) has been disengaged. The side locks are located on the insides of the garage door on one or both sides of the door. The trolley lock, or emergency release lock, is located on the motor rail. To reengage this motor, pull the red cord up and towards the door you will hear it latch into place and see that it is in a different lock position. Once the latch is pulled, the motor will become operable. If you want to disengage motor because your motor is broken pull down on the red cord trolley release.
3. The third thing you can do is to check your cables. The door cables are located on each side of the door and are connected to the torsion tube. Does the cable look like it is out of sync or not wound up correctly? Another easy way you can tell your cable is broken is that your door will look crooked in the opening.
4. The last thing you can do is to see if you have power going to your motor. It is quite common to have a fuse in your circuit breaker go bad. If your motor is not operating at all when you click on the wall button or your portable remotes, this might be the problem. Check your circuit breakers, plug another source into the outlet and if needed call an electrical technician.
Garage Door Repair and Maintenance Suggestions
The garage is one place that most people will take for granted. However, it also needs to be taken good care of. Stylish garage doors can add great value to a home and also make life easier. This is considering that you have the freedom to choose among the huge variety of door openers. With some of the openers in place, you won't have to get out of your car to manually open the door. They offer loads of convenience, making life easier for many. If you have a great garage door in place, you might need repair services to keep it in top shape.
The repair services
Most of repair service providers will tackle any kind of repair that your garage door requires. Besides the repairs, professional providers will also take care of any rollers and springs that need replacing in the process. This is because the springs and the rollers can get old and ineffective or break over time. With the repairs, you will get your garage door functioning as good as new. Other services that you stand to enjoy with the door repairs include:
- Repair of squeaky doors
- Repair of broken doors
- Repair of garage door openers
- Repair and replacement of the springs, cables and rollers
How to choose a good repair company
When doing garage door repairs, it is important to seek the services of professionals. This will be a simple way of ensuring that you get great value from the repairs that you get. It can be frustrating to have shoddy repairs done only for the door to go back into bad shape within a very short period of time. Luckily, there are very good companies that have the expertise to offer you the kind of value that you deserve with your door. When choosing a repair company:
Consider the experience: years of experience in door repairs will make it easy for the company to handle whatever problem you are facing. You will also be sure that the staff understands what they are doing with the door.
Consider the hardware: this is considering that some of the companies will offer you even the hardware that is needed for the repairs or replacements. A company that offers you warranty on the hardware is confident in the quality of what it is offering you.
Consider the services: a good garage door repair company will cover most of the problems that arise with the doors. To be on the safe side, however, always look at the list of services that your company of choice has for you. You also want to settle for a company that offers emergency services to cater to your needs as soon as they arise.
Consider the prices: the prices of the services that you get can be determined by the problem at hand and the hardware that is needed to take care of it. Most repair companies will have reasonable service rates. It is reasonable to pay an amount that matches with the quality of the services that you get with your garage door repairs.
Garage Door Planning - How Tall and How Wide?