Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Enoggera Reservoir. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Enoggera Reservoir
A garage door (commonly called an overhead door) is one of the best things you can have in your home. They are extremely convenient and they can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. Many people are unaware, however, that their garage door needs regular service, much like their automobile.
In this article, I will discuss one of my most common service calls, which is complaints of loud, grinding and scraping noises coming from their garage door. This is usually caused by old, worn out doors that have not received the proper maintenance over the years. The cause of these types of noises are varied, but here are the main reasons these sounds could be occurring:
- rust may have formed in the metal hinges of the garage door
- your overhead door bolts and nuts have worn out and need replaced
- extreme temperatures may have warped the door and affected the hinge functioning or placement
- the screw in your screw drive type door has not been sprayed (oiled)
- the garage door has not been properly maintained or serviced on a regular basis
In some cases, the use of a good silicone spray on springs, hinges and tracks can quiet a noisy overhead door. But this will largely depend on what type of door you have in your home. If this has not been done on a regular basis, serious damage may have been caused, requiring additional service. It's always important that if you are not sure exactly what type of garage door you have, you should immediately contact a professional so that the damage does not become worse and more costly to you. Never let grinding and screeching noise go on too long before you contact an overhead door professional in your area. The fact is, most garage door service needs can amount to minor repairs over placement, if attended to in time.
Before hiring a garage door service, there are a few things you should consider.
- make sure the door repair company is experienced in all types of overhead doors
- make sure the company you hire is experienced with the causes and repairs associated with grinding and screeching noises.
- Make sure the company you call is licensed to conduct business in your area. There are a lot of "fly by night" companies that do not have proper licenses. Always beware and insist on obtaining business license information.
- Be sure the garage door company can finish the repairs the same day service is started. I have heard horror stories of overhead door companies starting jobs and never returning to finish them.
- Be sure to check prices and understand the services fees up front. Most reputable companies will provide free estimates and free service calls with repair work.
Emergency Garage Door Repair Services
More and more homeowners and business owners are switching to roller garage doors these days. They have a lot of advantages over the traditional sectional or overhead doors that most of us grew up with. Perhaps the main advantage is security. These doors are made of steel, and not the wood or even particle board that many older style doors are made of.
This can not only make the doors harder to penetrate, but simply look more secure and in most cases, a potential thief will simply choose a more vulnerable door nearby on someone else's property! They also take up a lot less space inside your garage: An overhead door needs a complicated frame overhead and needs a lot of space. A roller garage door rolls up into a compact box that sits right over the door and will allow you to better use your overhead space. They are also easier to install since the frame is so much less complicated. Finally, they have a modern look that many people simply prefer over an older style wooden garage door.
With one of these rolling doors, you can be confidence that you have the state of the art in garage door technology, and are doing everything you can to keep your garage or business safe and secure from theft and vandalism. You can buy your own door and install it yourself, or contact an independent installer in your area who can help you buy a custom sized door and also install it for you.
Garage Door Service - Common Problems and Quick Fixes