Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Carina. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Carina
Garage doors wear down just like anything else. This is why it is a good idea to find a professional garage door repair service before the time comes. Some very common parts that go out, or that you will have problems with over time, is the tracking system, the garage door opener, and the garage door itself can take on damage over years. Other services that a professional repair company can offer is a wide range of upgrades that you can have done to your garage door system.
The first thing that might give you trouble with your garage door setup is the tracking system. This is especially true if you have a heavy steel or solid wood door. The tracks will eventually start to twist under the pressure, rendering the door unable to work properly. A professional can come in and replace all of the tracks, bearings, and wheels for your setup so that the door will operate as if it was brand new. This will also take strain off the motor that makes the door go up and down, extending its overall life and preventing you in the long run from buying a new one.
If there happens to be any type of accident where the door itself is damage, a professional can come in and assess the door and see if it can be repaired, or if it needs to be replaced. Some repair methods including replacing certain sections, straightening the door and getting dents out of it, and the possibility of fixing holes. If you need a brand new door, your service company will give you options for specific budgets, and will also quote you on the installation costs for the replacement.
Upgrades are not uncommon with garage doors, just like any other aspect of a home, upgrading potential is endless. You can choose to get automatic openers, sensors that will know when your car is coming, and you can get security measures installed that will close the door on its own if you forget to close it when leaving your home. Other custom options might include making the door itself quieter while opening and closing, and you can have your doors insulated to allow your garage to hold heat better.
Repairs and services do not have to be expensive, nor do they have to be complicated. Feel free to call your local specialist for free estimates, options on upgrades, and in case you have a repair emergency on one of your doors.
How to Maintain Your Wooden Garage Doors
A garage door (commonly called an overhead door) is one of the best things you can have in your home. They are extremely convenient and they can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. Many people are unaware, however, that their garage door needs regular service, much like their automobile.
In this article, I will discuss one of my most common service calls, which is complaints of loud, grinding and scraping noises coming from their garage door. This is usually caused by old, worn out doors that have not received the proper maintenance over the years. The cause of these types of noises are varied, but here are the main reasons these sounds could be occurring:
- rust may have formed in the metal hinges of the garage door
- your overhead door bolts and nuts have worn out and need replaced
- extreme temperatures may have warped the door and affected the hinge functioning or placement
- the screw in your screw drive type door has not been sprayed (oiled)
- the garage door has not been properly maintained or serviced on a regular basis
In some cases, the use of a good silicone spray on springs, hinges and tracks can quiet a noisy overhead door. But this will largely depend on what type of door you have in your home. If this has not been done on a regular basis, serious damage may have been caused, requiring additional service. It's always important that if you are not sure exactly what type of garage door you have, you should immediately contact a professional so that the damage does not become worse and more costly to you. Never let grinding and screeching noise go on too long before you contact an overhead door professional in your area. The fact is, most garage door service needs can amount to minor repairs over placement, if attended to in time.
Before hiring a garage door service, there are a few things you should consider.
- make sure the door repair company is experienced in all types of overhead doors
- make sure the company you hire is experienced with the causes and repairs associated with grinding and screeching noises.
- Make sure the company you call is licensed to conduct business in your area. There are a lot of "fly by night" companies that do not have proper licenses. Always beware and insist on obtaining business license information.
- Be sure the garage door company can finish the repairs the same day service is started. I have heard horror stories of overhead door companies starting jobs and never returning to finish them.
- Be sure to check prices and understand the services fees up front. Most reputable companies will provide free estimates and free service calls with repair work.
How to Replace Cables, Wires and Cones, and Roller Drums on an Up and Over Garage Door