Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door in Balmoral. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new and minimising the need for garage door repairs.
Garage Door Repair – Problems and Fixes in Balmoral
If you are looking to install a garage door for your new garage then I would sincerely advice you to go for the roller garage doors. This style came up in early 1990s and with the passage of time they started catching the fancy of the masses and its adaptation became really widespread and popular. Roller doors for garages have a unique advantage, an out of the box mechanism which allows the door to roll up from below which I am sure you will not find in the traditional doors which can be cumbersome in size and come in restrictive shapes.
Roller garage doors are really simple, affordable, easy to install and have an effective design which makes them a perfect choice for any garage owner. Before you set out shopping decide for what purpose you are going to use your garage. Most people use a garage to keep their cars and other vehicles in order to protect them from intruders and keep them safe from unlawful elements. You also have the option to store tools, possessions and other items which are considered as junk but are not ready to be thrown out. Roller doors are specially designed to roll up into small spaces just below the roof. Its unique design frees up a load of room where you can very well place your storage inside and this makes your garage an efficient storage unit.
Roll-up garage doors are generally made up of corrugated steel and you can even go in for corrugated fiberglass, if your budget permits. These doors now-a-days come with DIY instructions which makes it easy for suppliers to install them irrespective of shape and size. You have the additional advantage of reduced cost but make sure you are hiring at least two people to install the roller garage door.
Thanks to its high demand manufacturers have dropped its prices with the passage of time but have managed to scale the production to the highest level. You enjoy several benefits if you go for the roller garage doors as most of them come with a unique spring system which makes the door really lightweight and easy to open and close. But the only difficulty you may face with these doors is that they don't have the ability to insulate. If you are residing in a cold area and if you are using your garage as living room then you will be really facing a problem. But if you use your garage for storage purpose then these garage doors are the best option.
The Importance of Garage Door Maintenance
Things do not end with buying and installing a new garage door. The thing is, it require proper care and maintenance for them to retain their top quality and condition. In fact, even if you purchased a topnotch brand and a heavy-duty material, it is still a must that you do the right things to care for your garage door. Here are some tips on door maintenance that will help you keep the door looking and working like it is brand new.
1. Wipe with a clean cloth regularly. Doing this once a month is good enough. This should be done to prevent damage such as rusting that is usually caused by foreign matter adhering to the surface of the door. For stubborn stains and debris, dip the cloth in a mild household detergent diluted with water. Do not scrub the surface of the door with a rough material as it may leave unsightly scratches.
2. Apply car wax on the garage door. This is to help the surface repel dirt and keep its moisture. Of course, this would have to depend on the material of the garage door. Check out the manual first before doing this tip. Wooden garage doors, for example, may require a different solution.
3. Check the door for any signs of defect or broken components. Inspect the parts of the door such as the rubber astragal, opening mechanism, bracket button, hinges, steel rollers, and so on.
4. Lubricate the moving parts with light household oil or a lubricant specifically designed for this purpose.
5. Have a professional repair your garage if you detect any signs of malfunction or broken parts. It is not safe to leave your garage door like that when you already know that there is something wrong with it. Have it repaired immediately to prevent any injuries.
6. Test the safety reverse mechanism of the door at least once a month. This safety reverse mechanism ensures that when something blocks the door, it would reverse back to the open position to prevent injuries and even death. Test this mechanism by blocking the door with an item like a roll of paper towels. If it does not revert back to its original opening position and ends up crushing the paper towels, the door needs to be re-adjusted or fixed immediately.
7. Tighten screws and nuts on bolts twice a year. See to it that the slide lock is not extended past the end stile of the door in its unlocked position.
8. See if the door opens and closes with no difficulty. It should flow smoothly. If something seems stuck, check out what is wrong and have it repaired as soon as possible.
Aside from proper care and maintenance of the garage door, it is also a must that you give the garage area a good revamp so it would look nice and wonderful. Clean up any clutter, paint the walls with a new color, and organize the tools and items-these are just few of the many things you can do to give your garage a makeover.
Garage Door Repair Service From A Reputable Company Is A Must